Friday, June 22, 2018

The Margarita Agent

I honestly believe, the only reason this margarita transaction* (the one I have been working on all week) is going through is because the other agent is easy to work with. We are both working in the best interests of our clients. Even though we are frustrated, we really are committed to our clients. Maybe he has a quasi-public blog to vent his frustrations? If not, I highly recommend he get one.

But on top of that, we can laugh and realize there are some human elements too. Neither of us have egos attached to the sale (we have clients doing that for us, thankyouverymuch). We work for our buyer and seller and I can tell he is as committed as I am to a smooth transaction. It is a breath of fresh air.

Difficult clients come and go. It is a fact of life moving is stressful. Selling a home is stressful. Buying a home is stressful. We recognize our clients are in that space from the get-go. Quirky personalities fuel that stress. We, the other agent and I, know this and we know even though our buyer and seller on opposite sides of the fence, they are really after the same goal: Move on with their lives.

Sometimes I don't work with agents who are as agreeable. Sometimes I work with agents who have no people skills and have the aptitude only to work as a prison guard in some banana republic. And sometimes I have to hold the hand of the other agent and tell them what to do. This agent is a cut above the rest. I am really enjoying that part of this sale. The rest of it, so far not so much.

*Dubbed the margarita transaction because he keeps threatening to drink a few if this insanity doesn't stop. I asked him to save me a bar stool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment