Saturday, June 16, 2018

Mint Chip or Strawberry?

Nobody is ugly to the ice cream goddess

I have buyers who are now telling me they entered into their home purchase contract in bad faith. I am feeling used. I have to tell the selling agent but I am not sure what to say because I am getting so many mixed messages from the buyers. But what I am reading is my clients have no intention of following through.

They lied to me. They lied to their loan officer. They lied to the sellers. They signed a legally binding contract. But that doesn't matter to them. They have been advised this is a problem, but aren't listening.

I hate this kind of stuff. When they don't get their earnest money--because they aren't entitled to it if they don't follow through--they will blame me. They are the type to sue. What can I say to a judge? "I advised them." Repeatedly. Did I put it in writing that I advised them? No. I didn't know I needed to put into writing if they commit fraud and sign a contract in bad faith its a problem. I found out after the fact when they opted to have selective memory.

Even if they back out and get their money back (which I will have to fight for, because it is still my job, no matter how crappy they treat me), I will have spent a great deal of my time and energy with people who have no respect for me or what I do for a living. Then they will go off and buy a home from someone else.

There are days like today I want to open an ice cream shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment