Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Client A/B Negotiations

Mmmmm....  Tacos (and ice cream!)

So here we are, both agents are ready to make impromptu voodoo dolls of our clients if we have to do this much longer. I am of the mind, I want this over now. The other agent is of the mind that he wants this sale to close, because he is stuck with his client. Mind you, the other agent knows nothing about the trouble with my client. But trust me, he would be just as outraged if he knew (and if this transaction continues, he will have to know).

The old adage, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, holds true. The other agent and I are buddies at this point. We, the buyer's side, have asked for something highly outrageous. The seller has countered back slightly with a bruised ego and hurt feelings. We are (once again) countering back with the same outrageous demands, with the understanding my clients will walk if they don't get what they want.

Folks, this is all the fun Zillow never tells you about.

I even offered to bet the other agent a margarita that if this fell out of escrow, his client would be calling me in a snit. He refused to take the bet. But he did offer to drink the margarita I would have won.

All the other agent and I want to do at this point is open a taco/ice cream stall on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment