Thursday, June 7, 2018

Living Passionately

I went to a self development retreat several weeks ago. I got a bit of clarity on a few items. First, I discovered introverts tend to flock together for safety reasons. True story. I accidentally sat by introverts pretty much the entire time. They accidentally sat by me, too. They were lots of fun and had boundaries I could respect. Also, I discovered introverts tend to be in sales. Why not? Easy superficial relationships. Our customers don't care about us. They want what I can provide then they move after six weeks. They then go away and can't hurt us. Whew.

On top of the above (which had nothing to do with the retreat)--and brought up a whole level of other questions about my life choices--I realized I am not passionate about what I do for a living. That's not to say I don't like selling homes. I actually do. Most of the time. I really like selling homes when my clients are not disagreeable. But, honestly, if we weren't climbing our way back from financial ruin and me working was completely optional, I wouldn't care if I sold another home. It is a great job for a homeschooling parent when the other spouse can carry in the insurance.

I have a few passion projects I am involved with that I will share when there is an update to offer. I see these endeavors as more of what I really want to do to add significance to my life. The real estate works for now. I am certainly not unhappy about it! But even Marty can see my heart is somewhere else long-term.

No comments:

Post a Comment