Saturday, May 11, 2019

Beach Bound

I need a vacation.

There's an old adage in real estate: Want to get busy? Book a vacation.

So I got a call from a dude today. He was referred by my brother. He needs to move in the next six weeks. No pressure. Except I am leaving town sometime soon. And I am a one-woman show. Back in the days when I worked in a brokerage I could just have another agent from my office handle this. Now, it isn't so simple.

Anyway, knowing I have a slight and possible conundrum, I contacted Mrs. Hufflepuff. Would it be ok for me to do a 50/50 sale with Jane if necessary? I wasn't going to offer this if Mrs. Hufflepuff's brokerage said no. I know enough other agents who would say yes, under the circumstances, but I would rather give the business to Jane.

I now have Mrs. H's blessing to allow Jane to work with me on this sale--if it turns into a sale. Jane has been the one in charge of us since 1974. It might be kind of fun to boss Jane around for once.


No comments:

Post a Comment