Thursday, May 2, 2019

Getting Closer

On my way across town yesterday to meet Bonus Dad for lunch and then to see Inga, I called the ^*%&$&! Loan Officer on Ari's sale to get an update. As we were talking, my other line was ringing. It was the selling agent. Given what  mood I was in, it was best I waited a few hours to get back with the selling agent anyway.

My real problem is the final underwriting portion of a loan should take a day. It has taken 2 weeks, with no discernible reason, other than the loan officer was lazy and unproductive. I didn't use those words during our chat yesterday but I may have had a bit of exasperated impatience in my voice. The Loan Officer caught on to my implication that he was incompetent. He informed me he had been doing this for 20 years.

I am pleased to say I held my tongue and did not say that I suspect he has been repeating his first year as a loan officer 20 times.

As I write this--a day later--Ari's file has been back to underwriting and lo and behold! We have final approval. Now there are a few administrative items that need to happen on Ari's part (like signing loan documents), but it looks like Ari is getting his house sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment