Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Mayday

The selling agent for Ari's sale has given us three days to get our act together or he is going to pull the sale so his client can get boatloads more money for his home. Frankly, I would do the same thing if I were him. However, I wouldn't necessarily give the three extra days. That is a gift and I think it was a courtesy to me. By the way, when I say, "us," I mean the @*$^#)! loan officer. A couple of days ago, I suggested to Ari if his mother has any (true) pull at the bank she insisted her son use for his loan, now is the time to play her cards. So far nothing positive has come of this, other than the marvelous amounts of self control I am currently exhibiting.

I explained the obvious to the loan officer: if Ari loses this house, there is little possibility of finding anything else in his price range. This one was a gift from Heaven. Ari has done everything asked of him. It is the loan officer who can't seem to find a sense of urgency over urgent items from weeks earlier that are still urgent and outstanding. Plus, most likely Mr. Loan Officer and I are fired. Mama will insist--and she holds Ari's inheritance. There will be no third time around with Ari.

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but is there anyone out there who wants to work and not get paid in the end? I estimate I have about 90+ hours into this project (not including the other sale he lost partially to the loan officer and partially because the other agent was unprofessional). So, even at the going minimum wage, that is a chunk of change I am out. Worse, it is a lot of good faith I am out with the other agent and Dee, who keeps referring folks to me. Plus--and this is the most important part--I work to satisfy my children's pesky grocery and electricity addiction. So, yea, I'm a little hot about this.

As of 8:35 I have managed to hold off calling the loan officer to ask for a status. I am not sure I want to hear "I am working on it." Because I am not sure I can continue exhibiting marvelous amounts of self control.





No comments:

Post a Comment