Friday, May 10, 2019

Spending Spree

So, Ari's home closed. You probably knew this because you may have heard the rejoicing from the Heavens.

The house Ari bought was not on the MLS, which means I wasn't owed a commission. However, the agent was gracious and paid me a reasonable commission anyway. For this, I am grateful. In fact, the commission was higher than I expected, which was a nice surprise.

Yesterday my check was couriered over. I went to the bank, cashed the check and immediately spent every last dime.

I paid Buckaroo's car insurance and the forced increased premium on my umbrella policy.
I bought two books for my Kindle.
I put aside the prerequisite money for Uncle Sam.
I paid off my business expenses (advertising, fees, and other sorted real estate related expenses I had been accruing for a few weeks)
I took the family out to eat last night.
Did I mention Buckaroo's car insurance?*

Our savings is in infant stage. Our vacation is pre-paid. It was nice to have this bonus cash come in and take care of some of the lingering expenses we had. My next commission check should be here in the next few days. Hopefully that one will just sit tight in the bank.

Starting over is difficult.

*Want to know how expensive it is to insure a teenage boy in Maricopa County? Polly got her license/car insurance and her braces on the same day. It was still cheaper than Buckaroo's car insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment