Thursday, May 23, 2019

Inconvenience and Tough Love

Inga told me Wednesday morning--after my phone rang non-stop for an hour--she just "didn't feel well." Therefore, she didn't want any showings until further notice. Later, she told me it was, "too hard," to get out of the house and people just weren't going to be able to see it. And even later, she said she couldn't, "keep going to Starbucks." That's fine. I never said she had to go to Starbucks. She did ask where she should go. I suggested drive around for 15 minutes while strangers were deciding if they wanted to buy her house. If that didn't work, try the library.

Now, I am not going to go into details about why Inga is moving, other than to say, she has no other choice. She has to sell her house. And not having showings because she is tired (which is all it is), is not a good enough excuse. There is no way around this: she will be homeless.

As an agent, I am required to obey my client's requests. I am also required to work in their best interests. Her best interests at this moment is to suck it up and let people see her home. If it is that big an inconvenience, go to a hotel. Because my phone won't stop ringing.

As far as the offer I was promised, I haven't seen it yet. I don't have a lot of faith it will be a wonderful offer anyway. Plus, about 320 other people want to see her home immediately, so I am certain she will have an offer some time. And I am sure it will coincide with my drive across Texas later this week. Offers magically have a way of coinciding with my travel plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment