Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day

Bonus Mom
A Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there.

The most significant moment in my life happened almost 19 years ago. I held my baby for the first time and nothing until that moment in my life truly mattered.

It took 31 years to decide I wanted kids. My Polly taught me about love. Buckaroo taught me to laugh.

This past week I spent most every waking moment in tears or at least on the verge. Mother's Day now means one less card to buy. One less person to honor. It also brings out a flood of memories. Bonus Mom chose me to be hers. I miss her. I grieve and don't know how to heal. But I don't mind the pain, because it means I had her love first.

I don't want to be known for being a real estate agent. Motherhood is what I want to be remembered for. It is what I remember Bonus Mom as. There is truly nothing like a mother's love. Nothing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment