Friday, August 9, 2019

Another Interview

This would be my baseball choices.
Since my last post, Marty has another job interview scheduled. This one is with a place where he went through three interviews last year, only to come in second. They picked someone locally. The same folks from last year remembered him and want to talk to him again.

The interview is scheduled for next week. The job is in the swamp somewhere, but not the same location as this week's set of interviews. So far I have done nothing to research this city, partially because I have done lots of research before. And partially because I am done getting caught up in everything. I know what I need to know. The Trader Joe's in the Southern part of the city. There are two Costcos.

Also of importance, the closest MLB team is an American League team (sigh), a little less than two hours away. There is another MLB team--a National League team--a little more than two hours away in a different direction. But there is a reason they only have something like 18 fans (one of which, coincidentally, is my brother). I may end up giving up baseball if Marty gets a job in this town.

This new company doesn't pay as well as the other place he is interviewing, but has a few major advantages that are hard to beat. I think we would all prefer this one come out on top between the two. If there has to be a winner at all.

The entire experience is making my head swim and my stomach lurch. Most likely nothing will come of it. After all, they didn't want him after three interviews last time, right??

I don't mind moving and starting a new adventure. I really don't. I do mind the waiting and wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment