Friday, August 2, 2019

The Great Flood

So, my cute little condo is back on the market after the buyer backed out because it wasn't what you might find on the HGTV. It is clean, with new carpet, paint, fixtures and a few other nicities. The price also reflects the fact there isn't a butler's pantry and wine cellar, so I think we already had that covered.

Anyway, I got a call today from an agent. She was there at the condo and there was a minor flood. It turns out the supply line at the toilet was leaking and water had seeped through the bathroom and into the hallway on to the new carpet. Fortunately, we live in the desert, so it isn't like this won't dry in a day.

Marty and I met the sellers at the home, who raised holy hell. The former buyer did this! No, probably not. This was the reason they backed out! Maybe. If it wasn't, they would have used it as a reason, that's for sure. My sellers were ready to sue! This would not be tolerated!

I hated to break the news to my folks, the cost of new supply line is about $14 and the carpet cleaner might be $30, so if they wanted to go in front of a judge and ask for $44, they were welcome to, but it might be hard to prove this wasn't an unfortunate coincidence.

The really good news is the agent showing the home has a buyer who might be interested. I was able to call off the other two showings until I know the carpet is dry (tomorrow) and have them reschedule. Hopefully it will have a new buyer soon, right after we get the toilet's supply line fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment