Thursday, August 8, 2019

Break Out the Tums

Hopefully the Costco sells these.
Marty has a second interview set up. It is a company that he says is a "good fit." The salary is reasonable. It doesn't help the build up of stomach acid as we go through this process again, but here we are. Maybe I will get distracted by something exciting like a real estate client.

The location is unknown, as I haven't spent too much time researching this place. My rule in these circumstances is to allow myself to look up one major fact a day. In this case, I know the city's population is 56,000 and the overall metro population is around 700,000. That sounds down right spacious.

I have gone on to one of the for rent web sites and sorta looked at housing. Marty joined me and I made him promise not to get a home without a pantry. With a dog, cat and bankruptcy, it will probably be slim pickings. However, homes tend to be on the market there for about 45 days, so perhaps there will be a landlord who is moderately motivated and find us downright charming.

This place also a Trader Joe's (Marty has a bit of a bromance going with the guy) and a Costco nearby. So, civilization. However, there's no reasonable baseball team to speak of in the area. And let's not forget this place is still in the swamp. But swamps, MLB and shopping are not as pressing. First he has to get through the second interview.

My stomach cannot take a heck of a lot more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment