Thursday, August 15, 2019

Seller's Inspection Respsonse

Yesterday I met the seller and her handyman at her cute little condo to go over the extensive list of disapproved items the buyer wants fixed. Half the stuff on the buyer's list falls into the, "do the buyers not understand this is a seller's market?" Seriously. My clients are not replacing the bathroom vanity because it is ugly. Nor are they hiring a licensed plumber to (and I am not making this up), "caulk and grout the shower." And (I am not making this up either) they aren't replacing a functioning and fully intact kitchen window.

When I wrote up the reply, I did have a bit of fun stating the seller was not responsible for another unit's leaking pipe and therefore could not fix it. Nor could the seller treat for termites when the buyer did not provide evidence of termites. Hell has no wrath like a girl with a public relations background who can write with big words.

My favorite items included explaining to the buyer that the seller could not duplicate an issue with "inoperable" the living room window (I opened it without a problem). Nor could they duplicate an issue with "inoperable" closet doors. They opened. They closed. I am not sure what else they are supposed to do.

And finally, I have no idea what is wrong with the brand new exhaust fan in the bathroom. But it worked fine when we turned it on.

"Is it supposed to do anything else?" my client asked the handyman. "I don't think so." He replied. "Maybe a light show?" I asked. "I don't have the box anymore, but I can contact the manufacturer," he answered. He might have been serious. After all, he is pretty helpful.

We are returning our list back to the buyer's agent. I am curious what will happen. However, if it is going to fall out of escrow, I would prefer it happen before the weekend so we can get it back on the market.




No comments:

Post a Comment