Monday, August 5, 2019

Flood of Frustration

It turns out the plumbing issue at the cute little condo only intensified. My seller, wanting to make sure there wouldn't be any more leaks, turned the water valve under the sink. It broke in her hand. Horrified, she turned the next one. It broke. And then the next one. And well, you guessed it.

And then my sweet seller waited until she got me on the phone before she completely lost her temper.

There are times all one can do is listen and commiserate, because logic wasn't going to get us anywhere. She wasn't interested in logic, she was interested in vengeance and justice.

The next day, Abe, my painter and handyman friend (and also a designated broker) sent his crew over to take care of the issue. Abe called me and agreed, this was probably a horrible coincidence. After all the plumbing is almost 40 years old. There is corrosion from past issues. So, basically, the timing was bad. But, on the bright side, it is now fixed.

"Do you think you could explain to her that the former buyers did not sabotage this place?" I asked Abe.

"I already did." Abe replied, then optimistically added, "It might take a couple of days to sink in."

I am pretty sure there is no possibility the sellers will ever be convinced this issue wasn't caused by bad timing. The only action that might make this better for them is probably a purchase contract. I had a lot of showings over the weekend, so who knows! Maybe that is all that will be needed to make flood of frustration go away.


No comments:

Post a Comment