Tuesday, August 13, 2019

List of Repairs

We received our repair requests from the buyer of the cute little condo. They included such directives as:

"Have licensed plumber caulk bathroom tub," and "label main shut-off valve," which is outside and obviously a shut-off valve. But hey! I have a label maker if my sellers need to borrow it.

Then there's my favorite: "Add screw to door hinge."

And my other favorite: "Treat for termites" even though there is no evidence of termites and the the buyer did not pay to have a termite inspection performed. So is the seller supposed to infest the property with termites so they can then treat it?

And let's not forget their request to have another unit's leaking pipe fixed. Seems to me, they might have scored some good neighbor points by knocking on the door and alerting the owner of the leaking pipe. But, what do I know.

There were a boatload more repairs along these lines too. None of them are huge. But the list is super-duper long.

However, the house is as-is. The contract says so.

The agent and I discussed what "as is" meant, and she swears the contract doesn't say the buyer is purchasing in as-is condition. I suggested she might want to read the contract again, though I said so in a nicer way. I really do like her.

Curious as to why she would give me such an extensive laundry list of mostly petty items, I looked her up. She has done six sales since 2015. So, I'm guessing she doesn't have a lot of experience. I may be guessing about her experience but I am certain she doesn't know what is in the Arizona purchase contract.

My clients are going to have a minor coronary when they see this list. Their first response will be to walk away. I can't say I blame them. I have a call into their handyman, asking for quotes as well. I would rather go in proactive than reactive. It is going to take some convincing for my sellers to be cooperative when they see this petty list.

No comments:

Post a Comment