Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Muffy is in Charge



Today is the scheduled Community Outreach meeting. I will be missing it because I should be on a layover in Chicago by the time the meeting is called to order.

What a bummer! I won't be there to hear Muffy summarily shut down everyone else's ideas when she calls for a discussion, explaining, "it won't work," before the unsuspecting person can even finish their point. Muffy will then ask if anyone else has any better ideas and when nobody will speak, she will just announce everything will be done her way. It is like Junior High without the the protection of a juvenile criminal record if she purposely accidentally got bitch-slapped by an annoyed horde of real estate professionals.

I looked over the agenda yesterday. The Community Outreach Committee is still battling the same challenges it had last time I went: they need donations for lockboxes for the first responders. They also need to "find" a way to write letters to soldiers. And, they need to find speakers for the Critical Needs fund.

It seems to me an effective Chairperson should be looking for long-term solutions for such things. But what do I know? I am not in charge.


No comments:

Post a Comment