Monday, July 26, 2021

Julie

Last month, while I was away chasing off large desert cats, Julie called me. She got my name from a friend and was thinking about selling her house. We talked and agreed I would immediately get back in touch with her when I was in town. 

So, immediately when I was in town, I called her. And I left a message. And I called the next day. And the next. At that point, I pretty much decided Julie didn't really want to talk with me. That's ok. Sometimes its a good fit, sometimes it isn't. 

Fast forward a month. Julie called once again and left a message, asking me to call her back. She said she is interested in selling her house. I called back, left a message. I called my friend, thanking her for the referral and said "I hope Julie calls back, I would love to help her." Then I waited two days and called once more, again leaving a message. 

I don't consider myself a pushy sales-type. But dang! If you are calling me, it's impolite for me to ignore you. And I am the one who looks bad if I don't follow up.  

At this point, I think I've reached out enough. If Julie is truly interested, she can call me. Two can play the hard-to-get game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment