Sunday, July 18, 2021

Marty's Job

For the sake of clarity, I should point out that with all the tomfoolery with Marty's job--and there is quite a bit--he isn't sitting quietly in the corner taking it. There are behind the scenes events happening. There even may be a coup with other managers involved. I can't say. But, you know, maybe.  

And of course there's this: he's ok leaving the company if the right job comes along. Marty has put in resumes and talked with several folks, but at this rate I just don't get caught up in his job search any more. I have enough crazy on my plate. But as Polly pointed out, history shows even if Marty accepts a new job, that doesn't necessarily mean he is taking the new job. Otherwise, we'd be living in Fort Myers right now. 

All Marty doesn't want to do is get in his manager's way and end up losing his pension. All I want to do is write about it, because it seems so ridiculous that these kinds of events happen in a corporation with more than 100,000 world-wide employees. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment