Friday, July 9, 2021

Please Don't Sell Your Back Yard

I got an e-mail from Jeanie. She did call the city about that postage stamp piece of land that had interested her. She wrote to tell me I was right. The land was illegally subdivided. I was pretty sure a homeowner can't sell off their back yard. Also, the person who illegally subdivided is long gone, making the chain of title a bit wonky. 

Jeanie also told me the City said the land is pretty much too small to build a structure. Even if this plot would work, the city requires that the front of the house be 25 feet from the street, 15 feet from the back fence, 10 feet from one side and 3 feet from the other, leaving a space of 17'x17' to put a structure and a covered parking spot (city is requiring a covered parking spot). That means, before covered parking--which if I were the owner I would conveniently forget about under the circumstances, many homes in this neighborhood have no parking--would be 289 square feet. 

Incidentally, I just took a peek. This plot of land is now marked "Pending" in MLS. Now that the City is aware, someone is going to have a potential headache on their hands. But it won't be Jeanie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment