Friday, July 16, 2021

July Distractions

In addition to the Doug and Carla saga there's been a bit of my own distractions. 

My father is ill. On Tuesday I was given word Dad is probably over the hump and (hopefully) on the mend. However, Dad has told me to mind my own business, so I only hear news now from other sources. This story is longer and more upsetting than the above paragraph suggests, but I don't have the mental energy for much more of it. Plus I see no reason to memorialize what he's dealing with it in cyber space.  

As I write this, Marty just got reamed in his staff meeting in front of his peers because New Boss did not feel Marty answered a question the right way. I can hear the meeting from where I'm sitting. Marty was surprised and asked what New Boss was looking for in an answer. New Boss just said Marty was being "too fake." Then New Boss went on to compliment Marty's co-worker for giving the same answer as Marty gave. 

Polly and Pringles broke up. Everybody (other than Pringles) saw this coming. Polly is ok. She wasn't terribly invested. At least that drama is over.   

The anniversary of Bonus Mom's life and death are coming up next week. I'd like to tell you that I will be ok. Maybe I will this year. Right now, I'm just trying to get through Dad's health issues and Marty's job challenges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment