Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Reason #276 Why I Hate Rentals

Day three of Carla and Doug. You may remember, they have a two bedroom condo they own. They want to sell it, live off their riches and rent a three bedroom home until the housing market comes crashing down and then scoop up the first starter mansion they find at a reasonable bargain. 

The challenge with most of this is logic Doug has a felony that I have spent an enormous amount of time selling to a variety of people. I have found ONE property management company who will even take an application from them under the circumstances. And honestly, the only reason El Jefe agreed to it was because it was me. And even then, El Jefe made it crystal clear, he wasn't promising success. 

However, there's a new development. It turns out Doug and Carla have credit that is so bad they have a crap-ton in collections. So, even though El Jefe was willing to sell Doug's felony to the landlord, he was blind-sided by the abysmal credit that went along with Doug and Carla's baggage.  

Plus--and this is just ducky--I found out about the abysmal credit from El Jefe because MY OWN CLIENTS NEGLECTED TO MENTION THIS. And this would have saved my sanity and karma had I just known about their credit issues ahead of time. 

This one is on me. I didn't ask about their credit ahead of time. I've done nothing else for the last three days except work this. I've invested about 25 hours of my time and I won't even make my $50 when all is said and done because no landlord is going to take them. 

I hate rentals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment