Sunday, December 24, 2017

Bad MLS Photos

I know you are scratching your head, wondering how much effort I put into this particular topic. I just know! Truly, not much. I open up MLS on occasion for other, more pressing reasons, and voila! These photos jump out at me.


El Jefe taught me when I first started in the business, if your photo doesn't convey the right message don't post it. Obviously, this agent wasn't mentored by El Jefe.




Honest to goodness. I thought that was carpet on the floor. I was thinking, why would someone put a mop on a rug? But truly, more to the point, WHY add this photo at all?



Ok, lovely little home. I mean, it could use a bit of curb appeal, but that's really not my issue. The picture isn't the best, but whatever, it shows green grass and a toilet on the driveway.



Here is the inside. Was this agent (or photographer, because it looks like there was a filter used) so darn lazy he/she couldn't put the chairs on the floor and scoot over the trash bag?



This is the same house as the above two pictures. See. A nice photo. Makes me wonder even more why the agent opted to go with the first two pictures.



Here is a nice starter home in West Phoenix. If you had never been in this home before, would you have guessed there was a bathroom sink? Perhaps the agent should have left this to the imagination? At least it is clean.




This one is in Sun City. What is the potential buyer supposed to take from this picture? There is room on the patio for a table perhaps? But not really, because you can see two different kinds of outdoor floor: tile and kool deck (I think). So maybe the agent is telling potential buyers this is a teeny-tiny patio.



Incidentally, this is the same house. I'm showing you this because the the agent had a lot to work with here. So why the above photo?



A completely different home. But I can't tell you what this is a picture of. It is on the MLS though.



This next photo leaves nothing to the imagination. A buyer knows exactly what they are looking at.



By the way, do you see the creepy sillouette in the window? Can you now un-see it?


The pictures on the interior also have text. Just in case you didn't know what a stove an electric range looked like. Actually, I like the concept, not the execution. And is it just me or is anyone else wondering why the microwave oven door handle is gold?



All this picture tells me is that there is purple carpet and a lot of doors.



This next house is adorable, charming and cute. It's been a long day, I am out of adjectives. The home is lovely. There is nothing too weird except this. Do you see it?



Let me help you out.


And finally, this is a $343,000 home in Mesa. I am telling you this because bad MLS pictures happen in all price ranges. I am guessing the pool really wasn't green. But the filter makes it look like it. But more to the point, some agent 1) paid for this picture and 2) posted it on MLS.


No comments:

Post a Comment