Wednesday, December 20, 2017

It's Happening

I got notice today from the Arizona Department of Real Estate. My first name choice was approved! I now have 90 days to:


  • Create an LLC with the Arizona Corporation Commission
  • Get an EIN Number with the IRS
  • Take additional classes the department requires of me
  • Clean my office (not too messy, but want to get the old documents out of here)
  • Break the news to Jane (more on that later)
  • Have a (hopefully) positive chat with El Jefe
  • Sell my six-bedroom listing so that El Jefe and I don't have a tussle over who gets to keep the listing (technically, as the broker, he "owns" the listing). Besides, that will give me the seed money I need for the rest of this list.
  • Get a PO Box (don't need potential clients finding my house)
  • Get a sign made for the front door (required by the department)
  • Get cards, logos, listing signs and web site (I own the URL!) and whatever other marketing stuff I need. 
  • Open a business bank account somewhere with seed money from the potential sale of the six bedroom I have listed.
  • Get a copy of quick books 
  • Pay for my errors and omissions insurance policy


This is what I can think of, off the top of my head. I am sure there will be more tasks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment