Saturday, December 9, 2017

What is the "Organized" Equivalent to a Hogwart's House?

I have an interview on Monday with a brokerage that caught my eye. I don't know what religion the owners happen to be. And, I prefer that (broker number 1 was very clear on that up front, which started the storm of paragraphs in the post prior). I met the broker I am meeting with on Monday at an open house. We chatted for quite a while and I was actually intrigued by their brokerage and mentor programs. I wasn't looking to move then, but I found it interesting that a small agency would invest so greatly in their agents. These interviews aren't only for me, there is still Jane to consider (more on her later).

Anyway, when I started down this path to figuring out my next step, I called this woman. She remembered me and we set up a time to meet. She asked for my e-mail address and told me she was going to send me some info about her company. Our entire phone exchange took less than two minutes.

Here's the part where she lost me. She sent me her office's policy manual and an employment agreement. I haven't even interviewed with her. And by the way, this is my interview to see if I want to go there, not her interview to see if she wants me. As a broker, she should know that. She also told me I would need to take a personality test (required for all agents) and sent me the link to start it. She said she wants all of her agents to "get along" and make sure we were all on the same page. As I don't even know if I want to hang my license there, I saw no reason to take the test at this time. It is like going from setting up a first date to running down to city hall to get the marriage license. A bit soon and a bit much.

The personality tests was one of those types that breaks down your main traits into four basic categories. I have taken the test before. I doubt my personality changed much since I took it. I tested highest on being "decisive" and "influential" (leadership and sales, go figure?). I tested lowest on organization (ask my bookkeeper) and whatever the hufflepuff-type of trait on that test was--something warm and fuzzy. So, I am thinking this may not be a fantastic fit because she strikes me as an organized hufflepuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment