Monday, December 11, 2017

The Creepy Hufflepuff

The Organized Hufflepuff I was to interview with today sent me an e-mail over the weekend, asking to change our meeting time and date. Though it isn't a problem to reschedule, I still hadn't responded to her. That alone is telling me how excited I am to meet with her.

And just to reinforce my hesitancy, after I got on Facebook Sunday night, I found a friend request from her. Marty Sunshine swears this is "normal" and she is being "friendly." Perhaps. But I asked him if he were interviewing with a company and the owner of the company and person interviewing him sent a Facebook request to his (non-existent) account, wouldn't he find it strange? "That isn't how real estate works. You build relationships," he countered. Maybe. But I am still slightly creeped out.

It did give me a chance to peek at her profile. She doesn't seem to belong to any religion that makes me wonder if I would be a second-class citizen in her office. She is big on peppering her FB page with her real estate listings and pictures of her completely decked out in Halloween costumes. Neither of which appeal to me. Yes, I know I am supposed to bug everyone I know with my real estate conquests. But for some reason, I just don't. And to me, Halloween is a kiddie holiday that centers around chocolate.

The other item to note as I was looking at her profile is there is probably no opportunities for me to have a leadership role in her organization. She has that job and it is obvious from what I can see through our personal interactions, she takes it seriously. So, this one looks to be a dead-end.

No comments:

Post a Comment