Tuesday, May 12, 2020

2004 All Over Again

Last week I met with Steve. He wants to buy, but he is "taking his time," and is "in no hurry." On Saturday, Steve texted me four homes he wanted to see. I made appointments to view on Tuesday--our agreed upon date to meet.

On Sunday, he saw that two of the homes he wanted to see were under contract. So, he sent me four more. I made appointments.

By Monday, he saw that those four and one of the ones from Saturday were under contract. He was in Tucson at the time and he offered to stop what he was doing, and immediately drive up and look at these four homes (plus the remaining one from Saturday) right then and there. Nope. I had other obligations, based on the fact he told me he wasn't available until Tuesday.

Monday night at 11:30 p.m., all four from Monday morning plus the last holdout from Saturday were under contract. However, his text asked about seeing three more when we met up on Tuesday. And could we start earlier? I didn't reply. First, I was asleep. And second, I don't reply to business texts at 11:30 at night. Why encourage rude behavior?

This morning I looked up the three new properties. All were available to see today. But, I managed to get a hair appointment, and (not) sorry. So, I told him this afternoon we were on.

Wisdom and experience tell me that these will probably be gone before Steve decides he is in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment