Thursday, May 28, 2020

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

This morning I blasted Tom Petty's "The Waiting" as our daily will-he-or-won't-he get laid off today ritual as Polly and I danced in the front room. This is our latest theme song. So far we are into 24 hours of Marty's job being secure. Marty has until Monday before feels he is safe for this round. Yep, we hear there are more rounds coming.

I equate these layoffs to a massive earthquake. There are tremors in the beginning (rumors), then the biggie hits (the voluntary one earlier this month) and now the aftershocks (mandatory layoffs) that could be as big as the massive. But honestly, the waiting gets old. We are tired of waiting. We are tired of "what if."

After Tom Petty, I played Metalica's "Enter Sandman," because it is a great song and I miss baseball. Steve was wearing a Metalica t-shirt yesterday when we went to look at homes. (It is so nice to have a client my age). Honestly, at this point I think there is a greater chance of baseball coming back this year than Marty being laid off, but I just need Marty's employer to say so in order for us to give a sigh of relief. I just wish Marty's waiting was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment