Wednesday, May 20, 2020

My New Pal Patti

So my client Steve has a friend he has mentioned about 2 million times. She is a commercial agent in her state and they talk often. And then he talks about her. Often. All of her real estate advice is given to me, in great detail about how things work there and what I should be doing here. If Steve wasn't so darn personable I might be annoyed. This friend is so influential in his real estate interests, that this weekend he went back to her state and she tagged along back to Arizona to join him on his house hunting adventure today.

Now then, I got to meet Steve's friend Patti. She is a total delight. Imagine Steve, but a girl. The two of us hit it off right away, with me being able to say things to another agent that I could not say to him. She would then laugh and and explain to Steve, that no, indeed I was telling the truth/working in his best interests or whatever else she needed to translate. It was so refreshing to talk shop in greater-nerdy detail to someone who was interested in hearing it.

Honestly, I think the two of us completely forgot he was with us at one point during our house journey today. To Steve's credit, he handled it like a champ. But I expect nothing less from this really great guy.

At one home, the seller was there, gave us some information that Patti and I took differently than Steve. "Oh, he doesn't want to sell." I said. "Nope." Patti agreed. Steve gave us a side-look and said, "He said he wants to sell...." Patti and I shook our heads. "No." we said in unison. Then I explained, "The wife is making him sell. She wants to be closer to the grandkids." Patti agreed. Steve was perplexed, but took Patti's word for it--I still have no credibility.

Steve hasn't found "the house" yet. But we look often. Hopefully we will look again while Patti is in town. Or maybe she will come back soon. Steve seems fond of her. And I know I am too.


No comments:

Post a Comment