Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Unicorn Hunting

There it is! 
I have a great client. I mean it. Today he sent me a note that said, "you are the best." I really, really like this guy.

I would like him a teensy bit better if he wasn't chasing unicorns. But even that isn't too terrible because he is so much fun.

Today we drove all over hell's half-acre, Maricopa County in search of his perfect home. It must have: an extra large garage, be under 1,800 square feet and have a community pool. And, it must be a new build with a low HOA.

After looking for 6 hours and driving in insane traffic, I am here to tell you, it just doesn't exist. I even called a few builders when I got home just to make sure: nope. Every builder said give up the big garage or community pool or something else. I didn't even broach the HOA fees with the builder reps.

All the while, Steve--bless him--was texting with his pal Patti who was giving him advice like, "Why not try Surprise AZ? The answer of course is, BECAUSE WHAT HE IS LOOKING FOR DOESN'T EXIST IN SURPRISE EITHER.

My frustration has nothing to do with Steve and everything to do with me not meeting his expectations. Real estate agents are the golden retrievers of sales people. We want to please. We want to be helpful and useful. Striking out again and again is maddening. Somewhere out there might be Steve's unicorn. But I haven't spotted it yet. Hopefully Steve is willing to settle for a Pegasus.


No comments:

Post a Comment