Saturday, May 8, 2021

Adventures in Arizona Real Estate

Oh, what a week! 


First, Dee and her Merry Felons closed on a house a couple of weeks back. Last weekend the electrical panel caught fire and melted the wiring in the house. That's been fun.  Insurance and home warranty have both stepped back, saying this isn't covered. How it isn't covered, I have yet to fully understand. I've read the policies. Though this isn't my problem, I was ornery enough earlier this week to have a go at the home warranty company. As of the end of that phone call, they were sending someone out to take a look at the problem. 

_______________________

Speaking of Dee, her daughtered contacted me. Daughter's paternal grandmother wants to sell her home with one of those discount brokerages, where the seller pays a flat fee and poof! The home is gone. Could I please tell grandma how much the house is worth so that they know what to expect from their agent? 

_______________________

And finally this: a client from years back called. The house behind her sold recently to an out of state buyer. The new owner had a contractor come over and tear down the block fencing around his house. The new owner apparently doesn't like fencing and wanted a view. Now then, this fence borders my client's house. My client has big dogs who were, until last week, fenced in. My client has a pool. My client bought a house with a fence and thought that's what they were keeping! And my client was asking me what they should do. My suggestion: file a police report and hire an attorney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment