Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Everyone Wants to be a Thousandaire

I have a listing appointment. My sellers want a price about $40k over what I can safely assure the home will appraise for. The sellers have been "watching the market." The sellers are reading stories on social media about houses that sell for bucks more than they should. My sellers are talking with friends who know people who have had fabulous home-selling experiences and are now mega-thousandaires. 

Therefore, it should be my sellers who have this experience.  

In the interest of doing my best, I called an agent who had a home listed for sale in my seller's neighborhood. How did the showings go? Did they get over-asking contracts? Are her sellers happy with the experience? The agent said her listing was over-priced. She got a moderate amount of showings. She got a couple of offers. Had she listed the house at market value, she probably would have been able to give her clients more offers to choose from because the demand would have been there. And the offers would have been more competitive and at a higher price than what she has now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment