Thursday, May 20, 2021

The Latest Crazy

So far I have two offers on my listing. 

Offer One: Agent has been active since November, 2019. He has sold 7 houses. His offer was reasonable, he checked all the right boxes. Everything was signed and initialed where it needed to be signed and initialed. The offer wasn't perfect, but something my seller can work with. When I called the loan officer, she told me about the buyers. They are qualified. They are cool. She knows what she's doing. 

Offer Two: Higher price than offer one. Some fancy language that boils down to they can back out if it doesn't appraise was added. He is the buyer. I know this because his unusual name was also the name of the buyers in the purchase contract. He forgot to check a box or three. He completely forgot to include a specific addendum that is material to the sale. His loan officer said he was one of the "top agents" he has worked with. "Funny, according to the MLS, he's closed 4 homes since he got his license," I replied. Then the loan officer backtracked. The loan officer also laid out this gem, they need their own home to sell first before they buy--which wasn't disclosed in the contract. This is a legitimate contract, but a sloppy one. 

After the vein in my forehead stopped throbbing, I sent the contract back to the buyer/agent. Could you please review your offer and put in the right initials in the correct place, add the addendum you are missing and disclose you are the buyer as well on page 8 (so that your broker doesn't completely lose his $h!* when he finds out you omitted something that will land you in front of the Grievance Committee). I told him once I got the completed contract back, I will submit it to the seller.  

No comments:

Post a Comment