Wednesday, May 5, 2021

I'm Guessing High Winds are a Reason

Saturday morning I got a text from Darwin. It said that he found out there is a propane gas tank buried underground on the property he wants to buy. He wanted to know what his liability would be if the tank were to leak and cause a fire or an environmental issue.

The quick and dirty answer is his liability is 100 percent if he owns the house. But I didn't say that exactly. I did tell him that he needs to research this with people who are smarter than me. Call  his homeowner's insurance agent. Call a propane company and ask why and when are tanks buried underground--that was a new one to Marty and me. He also may want to find out what the current laws happen to be for this scenario. I mean, who buries propane tanks? 

As I am writing this, I did a quick 21 second Google search. Yep, people bury propane tanks for whatever reason.  

Note: I did some more research to satisfy my curiosity. Underground tanks are considered safer and it wouldn't be an environmental issue if the tank leaked. Good to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment