Monday, May 17, 2021

Let The Crazy Begin

There are 3,200 active single family homes on the market in Maricopa and Pinal Counties. I have a listing that is in "coming soon" status, which means it will be active on Wednesday but it is already in the MLS so that Zillow and Realtor.com will steal the pictures and put it on their Web sites as soon as possible.

Anyway, the sign at the house has been up since last Wednesday. On Saturday my clients had a yard sale. A guy came by, asked if the house was for sale and asked if he could go inside and "take a peek." Tell me, do you walk up to a stranger's home and ask if YOU can go inside and take a peek? I need to have someone give me a better perspective here. Anyone? My seller told him to call me to schedule an appointment. He didn't call. Instead, he brought his wife back over and started in on how they knew someone who wanted to buy a home and could they go inside? They said they already looked at the old listing (from 2015) via the Internet, so what was the big deal? Anyway, they never went inside the house. And, they have yet to call me. 

Sunday night the home was put into MLS in the aforementioned "coming soon" status. It will be active Wednesday. An agent asked for permission to see the interior on Monday. I called her and explained she could view the home on Wednesday. "I go in early all the time," she replied. That's awesome. If an agent turns her in for this, it is $500 a violation. This brought up how she'd been an agent for 5 years and she "knows what she's doing." Plus--and I'm not making this up--my seller will need to provide last year's electric bills before her buyers sign a counter-offer. What counter-offer? What offer? Anyway, I wished her well. She now has two (yes, really) appointments set for Wednesday. I don't know why. Nor do I feel like calling her and finding out if it was a mistake. 

And then there's this. An agent called me today. Her question was simply how far was it from the hall bathroom (the secondary one the kids use) to the master bed. Yep. Bed. I guess it depends upon where the bed would be placed in the bedroom. I told her I didn't know. But please feel free to schedule a showing and bring a tape measure. 

So far I have four people signed up for Wednesday's five appointments. The tape measure lady hasn't signed up at this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment