Thursday, May 20, 2021

There are 1,275 Five Syllable Words in the English Language

 I have three offers on the listing I have. Well, I have three offers as of right now. 

Offer One is well written, clean--not asking for anything spectacular--and gives me hope for humanity. It is the lowest of the offers I've received. 

Offer Two is so sloppy that I wrote him back and told him to re-do. He re-did and he copied every single five syllable word from Webster's in his contract. The offer is still sloppy, but at least all the paperwork is included. The agent then called me and begged his case.  

Offer Three: I accidentally met the buyers and liked then. I kind of want them to get this house. However, the offer is also sloppy and I'm sad to see that. I asked the agent for a few pieces of missing paperwork and I haven't gotten them. That's kind of a bummer for those folks. 

My seller has directed me to stop telling agents how to do their jobs.  If they can't figure out how to get the necessary forms signed and write words in clear, concise language, not my problem. And the money is underwhelming to my clients when they aren't sure really where the client stands on a few contract terms. 

If you are a buyer and lose out on a house in this market, I'm starting to believe that it might very well be that your agent can't write a contract. 

My head hurts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment