Monday, May 24, 2021

Mr. Lincoln Graced our Presence on February 12, 1809

 

Which one doesn't belong? 

In the midst of this crazy real estate sale I have going on, I found a freelance writing contract position. The job in question basically is looking for someone to write questions for the national real estate exam. It is possibly something I can do. 

Last week I was asked to submit writing examples.  My writing samples were apparently serotonin inducingly boring inspired enough that I then was asked to take an assessment test. 

The assessment asked me--and I am not making this up--to prove I can write an e-mail, cut and paste and look up the birthday of Abraham Lincoln. Then I had 15 minutes to look at a bunch of pictures and figure out which one didn't belong, add up a few numbers and a few other spatial ability tests. It's a mystery to me how that translates into writing fabulous prose for a real estate school, but I am guessing they know what they are doing. 

I have no idea when or if I will hear from these folks again. Part of me would love to have something a bit more brain-stimulating to do to keep me away from laundry, current events and watching losing Diamondbacks games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment