Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Too Old and Cynical

It didn't occur to me if I applied for jobs I might actually get an interview. 

Yea... it's been a while. 

Anyway, I applied for a job with a company who handles the marketing for Valley real estate agents. They often write the MLS verbiage that goes into listings as well as make brochures and flyers for agents. In this particular market, I'm not sure what agent is spending extra money on brochures and flyers. But, this company is busy enough that they were hiring a copywriter. 

The job was full time and required me to be in Tempe during office hours. Neither of which appealed to me. However, I was willing to give the interview a'go and see if I could dazzle them enough to allow me to work from home on a part time basis. Or at least I thought I was. 

It turns out I didn't sleep well, and kept mulling over a few lost tid-bits in my head. First--and this is kind of important--the Arizona Department of Real Estate might have a problem with me writing MLS listings for other agents. Even as I was composing my note to my contact at the Department asking about the rules on this particular issue, I knew the answer before she got back with me. Second, the the company's Web site has an "inclusion statement," that made me want to vomit. The statement basically said unless I was an under 40, squishy, easily hurt-feelings-type I wasn't going to fit in. So, this job probably wasn't for me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment